What is Hashtag Heroes?
Hashtag Heroes is a charitable organization that was founded by Server Side Design (the F.A.I.R. marketers). SSD is very active in community involvement and charities but wanted to step it up a few notches. The question was this: “How do we use the skills we’ve mastered in web marketing to give back to local Houston families in need?”
So after much soul-searching (and a lot of coffee), we came up with the concept of using the immense power of social media to achieve our objectives. But how would this work? The idea is actually quite simple.
The Hero Concept
- We create a profile page for Hashtag Heroes on all of the major social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.)
- We then use our web promotion skills to amass a social network of thousands of followers and fans. These fans will be called “Heroes”.
- Each week, local charitable organizations send us their ‘wish list’ of items needed by individual families in Houston.
- From these wish-lists, we select 1-2 families that are in the most ‘need’ and we proceed to blast this need out all over our “Hero Network” (the hero alert).
- The first “Hero” in our social network that speaks up and can donate the tangible item to a family in need, saves the day and is our “Hero of the Week”!
- The charitable organization picks up the tangible item(s) from our weekly Hero and then delivers the item(s) to the family in need!
- Need met!
- Cycle continues once per week, indefinitely!
So what’s stopping you? Don’t you want to be a Hero? Become a fan and/or follower now!